Xmas In The Underground....2007's pathetic effort

Graffiti, paintings, photography, art, and everything in between.

Moderators: DannyBee, lew, MikeTheBarber

Ali

Xmas In The Underground....2007's pathetic effort

Post by Ali »

anyone else seen how poor this years xmas effort in the london underground was?

ill stick up some photos in a bit...
Ali

Post by Ali »

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MikeTheBarber
Graf Kingpin

Post by MikeTheBarber »

I personally don't think its poor but rather brilliant......You have to understand that over the years the government, BTP and TFL have cracked down so hard on graffiti and normally at christmas you'd get a lot of full colour pannels and wholecars getting done in the yards when the network is shut down, they are so on it at christmas time with the yards that its probally now more risky than doing it at any other time of the year. All the writers that done this are well established and could have done fresh pieces with 20 colours on the station if they wanted........The point was though to fuck the stations as much as possible and screw the BTP as much as they have screwed writers over the last few years.

In a way its quite retarded trying to crack down because it only makes graffiti moe extreme. For instance, people used to do lots of ink stainer tags on the underground......now they wont last more than 24 hours....FACT............so people then start using paint stripper and glass etch to eat into the actual surfaces of the trains.....so they cannot be removed unless you replace the panneling

One of the major points of graffiti is to fight against the system, and because they are fighting back so hard people are not gonna take it lying down otherwise graff will die.......this is the result and I say good on them

simplekid

Post by simplekid »

what station was that? and how did they get time to do that? i like alot. bet the btp loved there new christmas decorations
simplekid

Post by simplekid »

i looked abit closer and saw all the station names in the photos #-o but still how did they get the time? they've got big balls thats for sure.
fenton

Post by fenton »

I'm well into it. It's just stuff.
DannyBee

Post by DannyBee »

http://www.bigpockets.co.uk/product.php ... =GADGET102

Get practicing for next cristmas init!

Made me smile that they sell stuff like that! :)
'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around