VOTE TO CHANGE THE DOME

General chat about the BLOC Weekend.

Moderators: BLOCwknd, Mack G

merangue

VOTE TO CHANGE THE DOME

Post by merangue »

I love bloc, love it and loved it this year, cant believe its over .....I was however a bit disappointed with the Dome tent capacity!

Can we next year get the acts that lots of people want to see put in an unused bloc room and not a sweaty little tent?!

Credit to Bloc, The Dome is cool and I don't think it should go, just maybe used for other things...........

suggestions onwards!
smurfin

Re: VOTE TO CHANGE THE DOME

Post by smurfin »

yes i put up a similar post, suggesting that the dome have a tunnel connected to the toilets out the back so there at least some amenities once you have queued to get in...
risk49

Post by risk49 »

Absolutely, way too small. They could just as easily use the large tent. Nice idea but if it was 3 times the size it would be perfect, having to wait outside in a queue for the smaller acts was a bit daft! It overheated fairly fast being that small too.
sideshow bob

Post by sideshow bob »

was gutting to miss vibert but made it in for a guy called gerald and the size made it all the better i reckon.

would have been good to see the bigger acts play in a bigger stage aswell as the dome
DannyBee

Post by DannyBee »

I say keep the dome I am afraid. Seeing a big act in a small arena just makes it more special

Making thw Pub Bloc a proper venue is deffo a good idea though :)
'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around
Ionkontrol

Post by Ionkontrol »

No more dome, it's a crap idea.
sideshow bob

Post by sideshow bob »

Ionkontrol wrote:No more dome, it's a crap idea.
take it you never made it in?

it was a cool wee place
avarus

Post by avarus »

I do like the Dome, but I agree that putting some of the bigger acts in there and nowhere else was a mistake as inevitably most people can't see them. I wouldn't have minded if there had been alternative entertainment elsewhere but at some times the Dome seemed to be the only thing worth going to and it was rammed. We just ended up going 10 pin bowling.

A couple of non-dance acts (even just local bands) on one of the other stages would have been perfect. It seems Bloc made a conscious effort to keep it strictly dance this year, banishing any hint of a guitar, and I think that was a mistake.

TIM
potatopotatopotato

Post by potatopotatopotato »

I have to say, I loved the dome. Ok, it was small, but that made it feel all the better in some way. No bar, no toilet, queues, yeah, that's true. Awesome venue though. I think they just need something else during the afternoon too (I guess there's always swimming/arcades/bloctv) and maybe the bigger acts doing a set on another stage too.
cathalorourke

Post by cathalorourke »

MAKE IT BIGGER !!!!
The Banana King

Post by The Banana King »

Really enjoyed catching Al Tourettes & Addison Groove in there saturday afternoon, didn't even bother trying to get in for anything major. Keep the low key stuff in there, have bigger names elsewhere, pretty simple. Would be so nice to just fill it with those beanbags & have Selected Ambient Works playing during the day, chill as fuck
Pepper

Post by Pepper »

My vote goes to make it a chilled space. A sea of bean bags and blissful tunes.

And keep the projections :D
disco_stu

Post by disco_stu »

either make it a lot bigger or keep the larger names out of there.

i went in there a few times last year and saw al tourettes and michael forshaw and it was fun but not worth the queues that i saw this year
evilbaronP

Post by evilbaronP »

I think the dome's great and the size gives it the right atmosphere. It's awesome seeing big names in somewhere so small.

Maybe next year have all the dome headliners playing in there 2, maybe even 3 times? ATP have a system where you can pick a night for acts playing more than once and get a priority wristband for that night, that way everyone would get in. Maybe.

Also, maybe some kind of film or ambience thing in there when djs aren't playing?
Kinder

Post by Kinder »

evilbaronP wrote:Also, maybe some kind of film or ambience thing in there when djs aren't playing?
Now that would be something..
"Dope on the table?" - Daniels