LOL

General chat about the BLOC Weekend.

Moderators: BLOCwknd, Mack G

machineisbored

Re: LOL

Post by machineisbored »

Gah, was already gutted to have missed last year, if I'd know it was going to be the LAST year.. Seems like Bloc as we knew and loved it is dead. I for one am not paying £100 for two nights' entertainment, if I want a messy weekend in Ldn I'll just roll my own.

Maybe this is what they meant about the world ending in 2012..
mrgriff_rox

Post by mrgriff_rox »

Oh one more thing to add to the misery.

Overkill wont be at Bloc this year, not a chance of them being at Glade and Bloc with them being so close together.

Seeing as Overkill was the bit I looked forward to most, this is just the icing on a very rotten cake!
david

Post by david »

So that's it then, the end of Bloc as we knew and loved it. Now a expensive elitest London do, with off site hotels/lodges/inns :( Ah well, I'll still have my great memories, thanks for some great weekends, hope you will reconsider for next year :D
BLOCwknd

Post by BLOCwknd »

Chin up guys, Butlins themselves do a good line in weekenders if that's what you're into?

Apparently they've got "every taste in music covered"!

http://www.bigweekends.com/the-weekends/index.aspx

x
david

Post by david »

Chesney Hawkes Yayy :lol: :mrgreen:
span303

Post by span303 »

BLOCwknd wrote:Chin up guys, Butlins themselves do a good line in weekenders if that's what you're into?

x
HAHAHAHAHA! Oh boys!
span303

Post by span303 »

Is there anyone on this forum that IS going? Going to have to be on heck of a line up for me to even consider it.
Burnibus

Post by Burnibus »

even though i would have prefered chalets and minehead and the whole seaside vibe, Im not against warehouse doclands raving. The problem is the cost. I just simply cannot afford to go to bloc staying hotels.
genre

Post by genre »

and for all those reasons stated above - IM OUT! :?
Leighton

Post by Leighton »

Blah blah blah, yes its a shame to leave minehead but there's plenty of other chalet weekenders if thats all you care about, Bloc's circumstances have changed, deal with it or dont go.

Having considered all the changes I personally still have enough trust in Bloc and have booked this up already. I have bagged a nice little 2 bed apartment with garden, 10 mins walk away and which 5 of us can stay in for £350 for 3 nights, thats £169 each including tickets.

More effort than previous years but I have faith that they will make it worth our while.

:)
FIBRE+

Post by FIBRE+ »

Doesn't look like we are good enough for Bloc anymore then, not their target audience. Not with comments like that anyway.

It doesn't need to be Butlins, like pretty much everyone has said we liked the communal atmosphere and it's one of the only festivals i've been to that had that. If there was on site accommodation and a "weekender" setup it would have probably kept us more open to the change. Not a 2 night club event and hotel. I still think it would be a good idea to keep these as separate events and bring Bloc as we know it back in some form back next year. As a second event it would be a good contrast. If you could have 2 different events or alternate between them.

I don't think people will appreciate the lack of understanding with comments made. It's your festival but it might not have been going on for this long without the return custom, also the festival goers are an element of what made it a great experience.

Either way good luck, I want it to do well but it might be worth listening to some of the people who have spent there time and money attending it for the past few years...
BLOCwknd wrote:Chin up guys, Butlins themselves do a good line in weekenders if that's what you're into?

x
BLOCwknd

Post by BLOCwknd »

Come on guys, all we're saying is that Bloc is more about music and friends than it is about holiday parks.

We had some amazing years in Hemsby and Minehead and thanks for all of your support there - but do bear in mind that there were lots of practical things about Butlins which actually made it a very difficult venue for us to hold Bloc, once it reached the size and popularity that you gave it.

Believe me, we spent years scouring the country (and others) for a venue with the greatest potential for the evolution and sustainability of Bloc - and this is it.

So obviously we can't wait to drop all the juicy details of how we're actually going to use the land, and water at this incredibly versatile space.

Starting with a taster of the of the lineup next week... x
span303

Post by span303 »

Leighton wrote:Blah blah blah, yes its a shame to leave minehead but there's plenty of other chalet weekenders if thats all you care about, Bloc's circumstances have changed, deal with it or dont go.

Having considered all the changes I personally still have enough trust in Bloc and have booked this up already. I have bagged a nice little 2 bed apartment with garden, 10 mins walk away and which 5 of us can stay in for £350 for 3 nights, thats £169 each including tickets.

More effort than previous years but I have faith that they will make it worth our while.

:)
Apartment sounds good but a luxury i just can't afford. All my mates are not up for bloc this year with all the changes. Think i'll be going if the line up suits me but i'll do it on the cheap, Party till 6, bum around london till 2 then party again til 6 then train home. Come on with the line up guys.
barrance

Post by barrance »

Awww...

Real shame for me. Can't complain in the slightest, we're not owed a festival like bloc from anyone, but we had it for 5 years. Just feel like a baby who's had his lollypop taken away. I might be a minority, I dunno, im sure the festival will live on strong, but everything ive read about the new set up gives me absoloutely nothing to smile about. Everythings already been covered regarding what the festival is surely to lose (the community sense of the chalets, the weekend break by the sea, all that jazz) but to be honest I hate everything ive read about the 'improvements'. I dont give the flyingest fuck what a venue looks like. In fact, the perfect venue for me for dance music is pitch black. A couple of projectors I can live with, but even that pisses me off a bit. So often my lasting memory of a night is mostly weird images from the projector screens. I dunno, I guess its not the view of the people behind bloc, which is fair enough, but I just want an audio experience. Fuck the visual. Completely.

Ahh I dunno im genuinely finding it hard to find the words. A real nostalgic feeling of loss. Just glad I was there.
BLOCwknd

Post by BLOCwknd »