New Venue for Bloc 2012

General chat about the BLOC Weekend.

Moderators: BLOCwknd, Mack G

BLOCwknd

New Venue for Bloc 2012

Post by BLOCwknd »

Bloc has a new home for 2012.

It’s the London Pleasure Gardens, in the Royal Victoria Docks. Set by the water’s edge, overlooked by the monolithic post-industrial derelict buildings of Britain’s former glory, licensed until 6AM, the Pleasure Gardens will provide Bloc with a home like no other.

The project is the brainchild of the crew behind the late-night area of Glastonbury known as Shangri-La. Their vision was to create a multi-faceted space in the heart of Olympic London to facilitate the arts and culture happenings that have made London what it is.

Bloc will use a combination of custom-designed structures and stages to deliver the next-level sound and light experience demanded by our Bloc family straight into their consciousness.

Making use of the permanent venues that will be at the pleasure gardens – the ‘Hub’ stage from Shangri-La for one, a 30 metre diameter geodesic dome for another – Bloc will also take advantage of the limitless versatility the venue has to offer by creating never-been-dreamed-of structures, including a vast custom-built main arena constructed from shipping containers. All the stages will be within walls and covered.

Matching Bloc’s hard-earned reputation for radical audio with Shangri-La’s magnificent production values as well as a 6am license will make the sixth annual Bloc festival like nothing the world has seen or heard before.

Ending aeons of speculation, the announcement of Bloc’s new venue is celebrated with an early bird offer that reflects Bloc’s great love of friendship and togetherness.

For one month only, if you and your mates buy five tickets for Bloc, you’ll get a sixth one for free. Hit this link to find out all about it:http://www.blocweekend.com/tickets

Kinder

Re: New Venue for Bloc 2012

Post by Kinder »

or there's this www.beatherder.co.uk
"Dope on the table?" - Daniels
mrgriff_rox

Post by mrgriff_rox »

Kinder - already stumbled on Beatherder on my searches for alternatives since the bomb was dropped. Have you been? looks pretty good, whats the vibe like?
stripeyhat

Post by stripeyhat »

Howdy, sorry to butt in but I can heartily recommend Beatherder. Have been to four and will be back again this year. Very friendly and despite not really having huge names playing, the music has never failed to disappoint.

Better book my ticket before all the Bloc lot jump on it ;)
Kinder

Post by Kinder »

Beat Herder is simply the best festival known to man, a lovely little gem in the Lancashire hills. The vibe is like Bloc but far less pretentious! No one gives a fuck and is up for a good time. Lots of good food too and you can take your own drink anywhere on site though there is much good drink on sale including proper real ale bars. Shame I can't make it this year but can't recommend it enough. Leftfield, Dub Pistols and Horace Andy were among the highlights last year.
"Dope on the table?" - Daniels
RobG

Post by RobG »

FFS, Bloc announce a new venue and y'all jump on the thread to give props to another festival. Bit rude there, fellas.

Bloc crew... CONGRATS! Well done for scoring so big! Be fantastic to see Bloc become a London 'Futuresonic'.
stripeyhat

Post by stripeyhat »

I didn't jump in, someone asked a question so I answered...

And anyway, Beatherder is the weekend before Bloc so no problem with recommending it, people can do both ;)
Burnibus

Post by Burnibus »

Futuresonic? As in Manchesters futuresonic?

this has been bad for a very long time. The last time it was very good was in 2004, but it always been too disperate and disorganized.
dublinstep

Post by dublinstep »

I was thinking more about this today during work when I was having a shit day. Made it even more shit realising that Bloc in a Butlins was no more.

Big fat thumbs down to the new venue. Fuck warehouse raving.
BLOCwknd

Post by BLOCwknd »

Cheer up mate, it's not going to be held in a warehouse!
fenton

Post by fenton »

Methinks Bloc will be back at a ATP style venue next year with multiple festivals instead of just one - spread the carnage,
3pm by the zipline.

herod

Post by herod »

I've bought tickets.
I'll be there.
I really look forward to it.
Orbital and Modeselektor/Apparat are worth the admission fee alone, no?

+++++++++++++++
jimmymadrid

Post by jimmymadrid »

herod wrote:I've bought tickets.
I'll be there.
I really look forward to it.
Orbital and Modeselektor/Apparat are worth the admission fee alone, no?

+++++++++++++++
This man speak sense! Roll on BLOC.