Bangface 50th/Christmas Special

Event dates, reviews and discussions.

Moderators: DannyBee, tom p, Kenny

DannyBee

Bangface 50th/Christmas Special

Post by DannyBee »

Er... Flashbulb/Acidwolf

and er... Flashbulb/Acidwolf!!!

Last friday was a blast but this is going to blow me away (Hopefully)

So any of you london lightweight bedwetters gonna make it to this one! ? :)
'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around
mute

Post by mute »

Oooo I would like to head to this!

Has anyone else heard the Bong-Ra alias "Glowstyx"? and his new release "Class of 1992"? I'd quite like to see him do that live. But Acidwolf would get me there like a hare!
JDread

Post by JDread »

Get involved!!! A week after Aphex in manchester, Guna need a little rest after this one i feel!
Oh and im glad you've picked up on glowstyx! Crazy good old school styles. That album is guna be superb.
Anyone else have a listen at this Glowstyx-'Gotta Be' or this Glowstyx-'Heels of Steel'.
Raveon!
MikeTheBarber
Graf Kingpin

Post by MikeTheBarber »

Can someone get me a ticket for this and I'll pay whoever when I get back from berlin?
MikeTheBarber
Graf Kingpin

Post by MikeTheBarber »

I aint going anymore.........Dan and Jonny.......good luck with the idiots

mute

Post by mute »

Ahahahahahaha! Nice find :P
DannyBee

Post by DannyBee »

Fucking awesome..!!!

Seriously The Flashbulb must be the best live act I have seen this year! Muziq was standing next to me with his mouth wide open shaking his head in disbelief throughout the whole set. Somehow he managed to splice up all his tunes and make them slightly more danceable and play a guitar like a fucking harp or something.

On the "There are loads of young kids front" It really was nowhere near as bad as last time but yeah the younguns were still there reprazenting their corner but it didn't really upset me. If they are having a good time what's the problem? I spoke to a few that were obviously really passionate about the acts that they watched. Some do appear to be there for the NME/Nu-Rave scene or whatever it is called these days and that can be annoying sometimes. But if you all pulled your head out of your arses and went there to have fun you'd have fucking loved it!

At the end of the day it was the Flashbulb's first time in Europe and you suckers missed something VERY special. Next time he gets his arse over here, don't miss it! :)

</rant>
MikeTheBarber
Graf Kingpin

Post by MikeTheBarber »

Well I knew the flashbulb would be good that was the main reason I wanted to go.........and I was still so tempted at about 10pm on the night when I spoke to you dan, seeing as I was in london......just didn't have the money.

When I moved to London about 2 years ago and started going to some of them, the atmosphere was really mental but good.......Now it seems to me that everyone has jumped on the bandwagon and goes to try and be as "crazy" as possible.........It seems to have lost its soul to me, if it was possible to ever have one.

I'm not denying I wouldn't have enjoyed it, and I know I will still goto future ones and still have a good time
DannyBee

Post by DannyBee »

Completely agree on the "Let's see how crazy we can be" thing. It is just like furry boot hard house ravers and the uv dummy Gate crasher kids. It starts out as a niche/clique of people and then everyone does it and it just becomes annoying. It sure as hell made Wang on Saturday seem overly normal with all the late 20 early 30 year olds dressed semi smart.