[LDN]PLEX & REPHLEX JOINT BIRTHDAY RAVE - NOV 7th 2008

Event dates, reviews and discussions.

Moderators: DannyBee, tom p, Kenny

Tec

[LDN]PLEX & REPHLEX JOINT BIRTHDAY RAVE - NOV 7th 2008

Post by Tec »

Cheers to Danny Bee for the initial post mate, just got around to doing all teh forums today!
Strongly advise getting tickets for this ASAP, as we are selling them by the truckload already and its still more than a month away!
here be the FULL speel minus the helipad flyer vibe :wink:

PLEX is 2! After putting on such luminaries as Luke Vibert, Ultradyne, Rob Hall, B12, Substance, Neil Landstrumm and Rustie to name but a few, it's time to celebrate with a party to rival any in Europe.

ImageImage

For this very special night we are privileged to have one of our favourite labels coming up from the depths of Cornwall, delivering to you some of the most cutting-edge music in the UK. At long last, a one-off bona-fide Rephlex Braindance night in London! Rephlex's most popular, and their newest, live acts with a spurt from Rephlex Disco Assault Systems Inc DJs... ALL NIGHT!

Support comes from London's finest underground talent and the indomitable Plex DJs... see you on the dancefloor!

REPHLEX DISCO ASSAULT SYSTEMS INC.
Plex DJs + Friends

http://www.rephlex.com
http://www.plexlondon.com
http://www.wegottickets.com/event/35519

10pm - 7am
7th November 2008

Corsica Studios,
Units 4/5 Elephant Road
London SE17 1LB
Tube: Elephant & Castle

£12 adv / £15 doors
Limited capacity innit
DannyBee

Post by DannyBee »

anyone to announce yet???

If you wont announce anyone now, will the lineup be announced in full when we get there or will we have DJ's playing behind camo netting?
(I heard that is what happened at the last Braindance in sunny Cornwall)

D
'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around
Tec

Post by Tec »

No line-up being announced at all, all revealed on the night..

hmmmm, camo netting eh?
Tec

Post by Tec »

Just to let you know that tickets for this are selling out FAST so please don't sleep.

We will have a very limited amount available on the night and it will be obviously first come fist served.
JDread

Post by JDread »

On the Dubstep side of things I read somewhere that Subeena, Bracket and Skunkrock are playing this.
Tec

Post by Tec »

You are quite correct!
herod

Post by herod »

thoroughly enjoyed it all

who was the guy on before ed dmx in the main room.
i think ed introduced him as jodi kantrell but i can't be sure.
all i could hear was the quality electro, and now and again there was a little fist pumping the air from behind a laptop.
JDread

Post by JDread »

Indeed this was a bloody good night! Everyone was on top form, one of the best nights ive been to for quite a while infact.
I believe you are right nick, he was listed a J.K. on the flyer. Very good stuff.

Good work guys.
Tec

Post by Tec »

Big up's to all that attended, twas a wicked night!
Really enjoyed it and the music was excellent throughout.
The recordings of both rooms are absolutely wicked, all being well they will make their way online at some point...so stay tuned.

Next one is Feb 7th 2009 with Dopplereffekt + Special Guests!

More info to follow soon and another one not to miss!
DannyBee

Post by DannyBee »

I had a belter of an evening! Global Goon and Ed DMX blew me away.

Dopplereffekt are a favourite of mine and I ummed and arred last time they were here in the UK as it was a midweek early ending gig. Stick em on at Corsica on a Friday or Saturday at a night that goes on til 7am and I will have NO excuses!

Also loved the lighting, lasers, smoke and general extra pimping done to Corsica. I'm not sure if you guys laid it all on or Corsica did but it did seem to give the club a slightly more pro vibe :)!

Bring on February :)

Time to dig out Gesamkunstwork out rinse it on full
'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around
Tec

Post by Tec »

We laid on the laser in room 1 and extra lighting in both rooms 1 & 2, including smoke machines obviously. Made a world of difference for me, we had a similar vibe going in April at Plex but forgot the smoke machine fluid so the laser wasn't really noticed much.