Government Noise Control

Say what you will.

Moderators: james, DannyBee, tom p

saul

Government Noise Control

Post by saul »

Yes thats right, the Government are trying pass legislation to force all entertainment venues to have noise control limiters fitted. This means the end of live music, nightclubs etc as we know it! No more oversized collection of speakers, no more massive F1 and Turbo stacks, no more throwing club nights the way we want! I'm sure I'm not speaking for myself when I say that when I go to a club, the last thing on my mind is being able to stand in front of the stack with a cup of tea, chatting about Antiques Roadshow - I wanna actually hear and feel the music the way it should be heard!

Please, please, please, take a minute to sign this petiton. This is just one more thing to add to the list that the Government feel that they should be in control of. It won't take long to sign up, and please hurry as the cut off date is 23rd January! STAND UP, AND BE HEARD!

Please forward this message to all your friends, and if you are part of any other groups, please inform Admin so that they can get the masses involved!"

Once again:
CUT OFF DATE: JANUARY 23rd 2009 !!!

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/NoNoiseControl/
JDread

Post by JDread »

- Deleted due to confusion/embarrassment -
Last edited by JDread on Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
DannyBee

Post by DannyBee »

While I wouldn't be supprised by a measure, such as this from the government. It has been confirmed a hoax

http://www.nme.com/news/various-artists/42188
:o :o :o
'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around
BLOCwknd

Post by BLOCwknd »

Yeah, turns out that it was only still up there by accident. i was sucked in!

see the statement from the dude who started it at

[url]http://www.warrenjames.net[/url]

he says -

Statements regarding the Downing Street Petition By Warren James and others are listed below. Please find further statements regarding the issue from other members of the music industry listed underneith Warren's

Due to the many contacts I have received regarding the E-petition on the 10 Downing Street website I have made the following statement for the many supporters and the critics who have contacted me.

It is great to see so many people supporting the comments made on the e-petition on the Downing Street website which started early in 2008, all of you seem to agree with the issue raised. I must stress that the issue is not to gain support for music to be played loud, it is merely to give music the freedom it deserves and not for it to be attacked by people who fail to 'live and let live'.

Although the issue that I was angry with and petitioned against in late 2007 never actually came to fruition there was most definitely at the time very good reason to start the petition as countless associates in the music business were hearing the same statements which was that ‘the government were going to make it a legal requirement to have a noise limitation device in all live music venues’. It is already the case that the legislation is in place for local governments to insist such equipment be installed, so such an action shouldn't be hard to push through without too much attention being stirred?

Countless venues are still hearing such rumours regarding such plans, the amount of people who have emailed me advising that they are still hearing the same rumours is incredible and continues to concern me and I’m sure all musicians who have families to feed and bills to pay.

However it is a fact that this never happened in 2008, thus allowing live music to continue 'reasonably' un-interrupted. Does this secure for certain that it will not happen in the coming year/s?

We do need to remember that we still have venues in the UK with these devices installed and set to a drastic and unfair level which can cut you off the second the drummer taps his kit. It is also important to remember that these devices ultimately damage your electric equipment such as amplifiers and instruments which are not designed to be switched on and off constantly because a little "musicians speed camera" tells you that you are too loud "in its opinion". It has been a fact for a long time that these installed devices do not operate on volume level but on a frequency level, meaning a particular tone in a drum, instrument, vocal or such like will trigger the disconnection of electricity to the associated power points.

I am pleased to see that our government didn't take the action that we were getting word of as we do not need any more restrictions on the live music industry; it is heavily restricted as it is. However, we still need the reassurance that this will not happen in the future as rumours do start somewhere.

It may appear that I jumped without thinking when I made the Downing Street Petition, however, by doing this quickly and promptly it allowed people to voice their opinion good and early. Very often it is too late by the time our voice gets heard the damage has been done. Like many musicians, promoters, agents, venue managers and staff, PA manufacturers, amplifier makers, instrument makers nationwide I have a career to look after and to do well in. None of us have time to sit and wait and ponder on such issues when it is directly associated to your ability to work.

Musicians in the UK must be able to work and venues must be able to supply entertainment without further restrictions and I am pleased I got in there quickly with this petition as it has cost nothing more than a moment out of your day for people to show their support towards live arts, and what massive support it is.

Thank you everyone for taking the time to sign the petition and make your voice heard... let us be happy that this didn't happen, sometimes sitting back and waiting can mean the damage is done and your voice won’t be heard once it is too late.

And finally let’s hope such an unfair law never takes effect in the future!

Warren James
Thursday 18th January 2009
BLOCwknd

Post by BLOCwknd »

Yeah, turns out that it was only still up there by accident. i was sucked in!

see the statement from the dude who started it at

http://www.warrenjames.net

he says -

Statements regarding the Downing Street Petition By Warren James and others are listed below. Please find further statements regarding the issue from other members of the music industry listed underneith Warren's

Due to the many contacts I have received regarding the E-petition on the 10 Downing Street website I have made the following statement for the many supporters and the critics who have contacted me.

It is great to see so many people supporting the comments made on the e-petition on the Downing Street website which started early in 2008, all of you seem to agree with the issue raised. I must stress that the issue is not to gain support for music to be played loud, it is merely to give music the freedom it deserves and not for it to be attacked by people who fail to 'live and let live'.

Although the issue that I was angry with and petitioned against in late 2007 never actually came to fruition there was most definitely at the time very good reason to start the petition as countless associates in the music business were hearing the same statements which was that ‘the government were going to make it a legal requirement to have a noise limitation device in all live music venues’. It is already the case that the legislation is in place for local governments to insist such equipment be installed, so such an action shouldn't be hard to push through without too much attention being stirred?

Countless venues are still hearing such rumours regarding such plans, the amount of people who have emailed me advising that they are still hearing the same rumours is incredible and continues to concern me and I’m sure all musicians who have families to feed and bills to pay.

However it is a fact that this never happened in 2008, thus allowing live music to continue 'reasonably' un-interrupted. Does this secure for certain that it will not happen in the coming year/s?

We do need to remember that we still have venues in the UK with these devices installed and set to a drastic and unfair level which can cut you off the second the drummer taps his kit. It is also important to remember that these devices ultimately damage your electric equipment such as amplifiers and instruments which are not designed to be switched on and off constantly because a little "musicians speed camera" tells you that you are too loud "in its opinion". It has been a fact for a long time that these installed devices do not operate on volume level but on a frequency level, meaning a particular tone in a drum, instrument, vocal or such like will trigger the disconnection of electricity to the associated power points.

I am pleased to see that our government didn't take the action that we were getting word of as we do not need any more restrictions on the live music industry; it is heavily restricted as it is. However, we still need the reassurance that this will not happen in the future as rumours do start somewhere.

It may appear that I jumped without thinking when I made the Downing Street Petition, however, by doing this quickly and promptly it allowed people to voice their opinion good and early. Very often it is too late by the time our voice gets heard the damage has been done. Like many musicians, promoters, agents, venue managers and staff, PA manufacturers, amplifier makers, instrument makers nationwide I have a career to look after and to do well in. None of us have time to sit and wait and ponder on such issues when it is directly associated to your ability to work.

Musicians in the UK must be able to work and venues must be able to supply entertainment without further restrictions and I am pleased I got in there quickly with this petition as it has cost nothing more than a moment out of your day for people to show their support towards live arts, and what massive support it is.

Thank you everyone for taking the time to sign the petition and make your voice heard... let us be happy that this didn't happen, sometimes sitting back and waiting can mean the damage is done and your voice won’t be heard once it is too late.

And finally let’s hope such an unfair law never takes effect in the future!

Warren James
Thursday 18th January 2009