Funktion One

General chat about the BLOC Weekend.

Moderators: BLOCwknd, Mack G

warren888k

Post by warren888k »

DannyBee wrote:Berghain has been on my list of "things to do before I get too old to love it" for some time. A trip to Berlin is deffinately on the cards. I think maybe next winter i'll head out there. (I always think Berlin would be better to visit in the winter for some reason)

:D
do it now!

doesn't matter what time of the year really i think, it does get bitterly cold there in winter though, it was about minus 10 the last time i was there.
pidgeonbeats

Post by pidgeonbeats »

Danny Stamp wrote:The Matter soundsystem is the best I've encountered.

Shame The End is no more, as that was a close third, after Fabric.
Think the Ends soundsystem still going but not 100% sure...Layo and his man Bushwacka putting on Shake It parties round the Southwark way which using the Ends system i believe
djsynth

Post by djsynth »

DROKKR wrote:
chrisclarksda wrote:+1

If you ever go to Glasgow, check out the Funktion 1 sound system in the Sub Club. Absolute class :D
if you every go to berlin check out the funktion one install in the berghain. the best sound system i have ever heard in a club.
and with dubstep bass is even better than with techno beats...
daggs

Post by daggs »

The soundsystem was absolutely amazing at BLOC, funktion one are the way forward...we need more clubs with good quality sound!
treepr0g

Post by treepr0g »

awesome sound, never heard anything so clear in any club in 20 years
Stu Alcane

Post by Stu Alcane »

treepr0g wrote:awesome sound, never heard anything so clear in any club in 20 years
My thoughts exactly!

I brought my earplugs with me, but never had to use them once :D
slip

Post by slip »

DannyBee wrote:
Tbh, pretty much every club I go to has these, so it's normal now.
This is true but some installs are exceptionally good!

Funktion One have definitely proved to the masses that they are more than capable of building the best boom boxes known to man but I can think of a few events that advertise them but don't seem to quite use them to their fullest (I'm not ONLY talking about volume either.)

I recently went to an event in London where they stuck a room in a corridor and put artists I wanted to see on in there. Now I looked confused at the room when I arrived as it was very oddly shaped. I then smiled at the purple beasties before me and then looked very puzzled as they appeared to be set up by my neighbours 9 year old inbred cousin.

Obviously Glade had issues with the sound nazis last year and it was very sad to see the Funktion One rigs being powered by gnomes with trumpets. (Sounds like this wont be an issue this year with the new site! Hoorah!)

The best thing about Bloc is the sound engineers obviously know their shit and get the fullest sound imaginable which keep my ears smiling throughout. This reason alone could be the why Bloc is my favourite electronic music festival.

What I am trying to say is that Funktion One rigs are awesome but the real talent comes from the people that tune and push them to their fullest potential. Hats off to the Bloc sound engineers! :)

Wooop... :) :o :D
absolutely agree the sound engineers did an outstanding job, that main room sound was beautiful and pervaded everywhere