BLOC security

General chat about the BLOC Weekend.

Moderators: BLOCwknd, Mack G

Catcore

Post by Catcore »

my girl friend got searched and we had nicked a load of tomato sauces from the chippy. was quite funny when they emptied her hand bag and it was full of tomato sauce lol. shame for her though. she was sober as a judge aswell. the security girl asked if she had anything on her and my girlfriend said no cause she didnt. the security girl then said are you sure, tell me if you have anything on you, my girl firend said no then got searched. was same girl that searched my mates wife as well.
stripeyhat

Post by stripeyhat »

I didn't have any problems with the security myself. My bag got searched once, on Sunday afternoon, but it was just a cursory check through - I think it was more for bottles/cans of booze. Oh and a friend of mine had her bag thoroughly searched going into Jak Bloc on Sunday morning but I think that was the only searches we had between six of us though.

The queueing thing was a bit of a pain, but we just gave up when we had to queue and went elsewhere.

On Sunday I was watching Afrika Bambaata and there was a lot of space, so I thought I'd go out for a cigarette....asked the security guy upstairs if there was a queue outside and he said there was. There was still quite a bit of space in there at the time so I asked him why and he said it was Butlins own health and safety regs so I just did without my nicotine fix.

Harsh on the people who had their tickets confiscated - usually wouldn't they just have their weed taken off them and still let in?! :shock: I know at Glade they have amnesty bins for people to stick stuff in - and I'm almost certain if they find anything on you they would still let you in after making sure you had nothing else. It's never happened to anyone I know though so I may be wrong!

Only minor gripe I would have was the full on security towards the end of Carl Craig - I know they were lingering waiting for it to finish but they were blocking my view ;) :lol: One of them marched over to my mate thinking he could bust him for something but my friend was just putting some gum in a tissue :lol:

Wristband thing is no problem for me, it's hardly difficult to show your wrist going into somewhere - even if you have only shown it 2 mins previously!
Million

Post by Million »

dublinstep wrote:
Million wrote:im sure u get me drift
Sorry I dont want to sound like a linguistic fascist but
U might not want to sound like 1, but u do
herod

Post by herod »

The 17 sent home story.
That has to be nonsense.
Surely.
obsidio

Post by obsidio »

The 17 thing sounds excessive and if it happened I guess it was an isolated incident but there was nothing here on a scale that compares to what they have on the gates at Global Gathering. There they search probably 1 in 3 people's bags on the way in, then have a section with sniffer dogs and their minders wandering about in that everyone walks through.

At Global someone I know foolishly left a bong in his bag which got found on the way in. He then got asked a few questions which he didnt manage to answer satisfactorily and went into a pre-fab with X-ray unit written on the side. They found some coke of his in his tobacco pouch. Interestingly they let him into the festival but he got a police caution.
captain.vice

Post by captain.vice »

obsidio wrote:The 17 thing sounds excessive and if it happened I guess it was an isolated incident but there was nothing here on a scale that compares to what they have on the gates at Global Gathering. There they search probably 1 in 3 people's bags on the way in, then have a section with sniffer dogs and their minders wandering about in that everyone walks through.
Exactly what I was going to say. You kids dont know when you have it good.

Also, I would not be so stupid to take "things' out with me when I am staying no more than 5 minutes walk away.

Massive FAIL if you got busted. You really must have been stupid, blatant or both.
embellina

Post by embellina »

daggs wrote:
rolo wrote:
I heard of a group of 17 people who got searched as they came onto the butlins site, the security found weed on one of them and confiscated all 17 of the tickets so they all had to go home!
That is just ridiculous. Can they really do that?
It was meant to be the guys stag party aswell aparently, poor bloke! I would have thought they'd just confiscate the weed!?
It was way more incriminating than just weed and they were very silly to bring what they did. But I can't say any more than that...
stripeyhat

Post by stripeyhat »

The plot thickens...

But fair enough that you can't say anything else - it DID seem over the top for weed but as far as I'm concerned I don't want to know anything else!!

:)
sulphur

Post by sulphur »

Security were fine, Got searched twice but they were very reasonable about it, I had nothing on me so there were no problems. However I can understand that there must have been a few awkward members of security, but there are wherever you go! All in all a smooth operation throughout!
edd

Post by edd »

i didnt mind the searches inside to be honest. i did get searched about 10-14 times over the weekend which seems a bit exessive lol.

there was one prick searching though, he was searching me and i asked if they were going to do it all weekend he was like yeah we and then said 'who you wanna see tonight buddy?' an i was like clark and aphex and he said 'fine i'll search you before them then' and he fucking did.. that fucked me off.

by the way, does antyone know what was going on witht hat house that was getting searched by the police? i saw like 2 police cars and a load of security there.. seems pretty harsh.
buzz_lightyear

Post by buzz_lightyear »

After last years constant searches I thought the security this year were ace! Think I annoyed most of my chalet talking about how great they were all weekend.

No searches on the way in was great and a few searches over the weekend by nice chatty security staff is not bad at all.

I've never met security this friendly before and loved the way they greeted you and said good night every time you passed them. They were even joining in the banter in the queue for Jak Bloc on Sunday morning and I'm sure I saw one having a little bop to AGT on Sunday evening.
tastypasty

Bloc Security

Post by tastypasty »

To anyone who is complaining about the security....let me just go on record as saying that if this festival were held in America, that no one would have made it to the last day of the festival! Because the entire 5000 of us would have been arrested just for looking F***ed up!!!!

I thought these guys were great....searching on what seemed to be a random and necessary basis....friendly, not too stodgy....and making their presence known while only interferring in emergencies.

Kudos to Bloc Security! Now, can I have my flask back? :-)

Million

Re: Bloc Security

Post by Million »

tastypasty wrote:To anyone who is complaining about the security....let me just go on record as saying that if this festival were held in America, that no one would have made it to the last day of the festival! Because the entire 5000 of us would have been arrested just for looking F***ed up!!!!
when u put it like that i supose theres not much to whinge about.

Is it really that bad in the US?
Sho'Nuff

Post by Sho'Nuff »

Had no trouble from the security what so ever, thought they done a fantastic job. And as for searching before entry to the site, this year was so much better. Just one more thing to delay the booking in process if you ask me which this year was a breeze compared to past blocs. Still have no complaints about bloc 09, the best yet!
Am I the meanest?
Am I the prettiest?
Am I the baddest mofo low down around this town?
l3m4nt

Post by l3m4nt »

Security were cool, no probs whatsoever