Bristol - what to visit?

General chat about the BLOC Weekend.

Moderators: BLOCwknd, Mack G

Foodies

Bristol - what to visit?

Post by Foodies »

Hey!
Please, could u tell me what is worth to visit in Bristol. I think about taking a early flight so I would have a few hours to spend in the city.
thank u
alex
Morter

Re: Bristol - what to visit?

Post by Morter »

St Nicholas market is good for a wander round, amazing selection of food aswell (Bristol sausage shop especially) :D
simon-gould

Post by simon-gould »

Welcome to Bristol! Depends what you want to do.

If you want a bit of local liberal culture, take a trip up the Gloucester Road (not easy to find on foot but worth the 3 quid taxi from the centre) where you'll find boutiques, record shops and tasty treats, also a Banksy or two.

For the more up market gent, Park Street (easier to find but more of an angle) is ok for a jaunt, mostly shops again sadly.

We've got the SS Brunel, which is fun for a visit.

The aforementioned St Nicholas' market is good too -excellent food.

If you'd rather while away the hours in the company of a nice pint, you could do a lot worse than the Old Duke (punkish boho pub by day, red hot jazz oven by night) or the Hatchet (a bit of a metal-head pub, but nice all round atmosphere).

Or just waste hours of your life in our big Fopp store......:)

Simon
abbie

Post by abbie »

If you wanna be a tourist, the city sightseeing bus just started up again too.

I have a friend here for 2 nights, and we're planning on doing this tomorrow. An easy way to see the sights... www.citysightseeingbristol.co.uk/

Or just wander around the streets, the waterfront, and Cabot Circus! It's a gorgeous city, no matter what you do. Clifton suspension bridge will kill an hour or so too, if you walk there....

There's also a water taxi. I've yet to go on it, but it'd give a different view of the city!

Enjoy!

=D
Catcore

Post by Catcore »

The weatherspoons is no bad for a pint or ten
abbie

Post by abbie »

Oops...i just realised who was asking! Guess you didn't need to know this after all, hey Alex!

See you at the airport....if i don't get lost on the way :-P