Too much dubstep at Bloc these days!!!

General chat about the BLOC Weekend.

Moderators: BLOCwknd, Mack G

hello

Too much dubstep at Bloc these days!!!

Post by hello »

TOOOOO MUUUCHHH DUBBBSSTEEPP THIS YEAR!

I found that by Saturday evening everytime a Dubstep record came on, it felt like i'd already heard it cos it's all so similar and formulaic. There were even a couple of times when I left one room to get away from the dubstep only to get into the next to find more dubstep being played. Luckily there were a few islands of genuinely innovative cutting edge electonic music to keep me happy, but next year i'd really like to see the Dubstep element being kept in more of a balance with other sounds.
hello

Re: Too much dubstep at Bloc these days!!!

Post by hello »

...Bring the acid techno back to Bloc!
Dr Jones

No dubstep

Post by Dr Jones »

Bloc is always a great party but was tainted the last time I went by too much dubstep. Great old school hiphop, DnB, and electro acts make Bloc amazing - in fact all of it bar the dubstep. There is nothing like dubstep to spoil a good party. Please no dubstep.

Also - no Scientologists please - they were there trying to convert vulnerable people to their evil ways the last time I was there.
Dr Jones

Post by Dr Jones »

Yes - agree - Dubstep = boooooooring! Plenty of breaks, DnB and old school hiphop is the ticket. The Mc Mash Clan and the Amentalist were dope when I was last there.
Warpiggy

Post by Warpiggy »

hmmmm is it okay if i like the dubstep? it's the techno that bores the arse off me after 5/6 hours of it.

definately want more aciiid and electro tho...get the freaky deaky dutch weirdos on the case
Das k k k took mein baby away
DannyBee

Post by DannyBee »

Warpiggy wrote:hmmmm is it okay if i like the dubstep? it's the techno that bores the arse off me after 5/6 hours of it.

definately want more aciiid and electro tho...get the freaky deaky dutch weirdos on the case
I'm also quite a fan of a bit of dubstep to mix it up a bit. However breaks I really can't stand. Surely breakbeat is like being stuck in 2005. Call it tearout or whatever it hasn't really gone anywhere. In years.
'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around
barrance

Post by barrance »

hello wrote:TOOOOO MUUUCHHH DUBBBSSTEEPP THIS YEAR!

I found that by Saturday evening everytime a Dubstep record came on, it felt like i'd already heard it cos it's all so similar and formulaic. There were even a couple of times when I left one room to get away from the dubstep only to get into the next to find more dubstep being played. Luckily there were a few islands of genuinely innovative cutting edge electonic music to keep me happy, but next year i'd really like to see the Dubstep element being kept in more of a balance with other sounds.
Naahh, too much formulaic shite dubstep! Bad music in every scene, unfortunately dubstep as a whole has totally gone down the wrong path. A slightly more selective approach would be the one!

Less skream, more scuba. Less benga more benny ill.
Less RRRRRR-GGHHH, more mmmmmmm-hhhhh...

Oh, but DEFINITELY less dubstep if the soundsystems are going to be as weak as they were last year :(
saint in exile

Post by saint in exile »

Dubstep out-Italo IN- :lol: Lets get back to the future
Warpiggy

Post by Warpiggy »

barrance wrote:
hello wrote:
Less skream, more scuba. Less benga more benny ill.
Less RRRRRR-GGHHH, more mmmmmmm-hhhhh...
Fuckin' A :)
Das k k k took mein baby away
maximus

Post by maximus »

Dr Jones wrote:Yes - agree - Dubstep = boooooooring! Plenty of breaks, DnB and old school hiphop is the ticket. The Mc Mash Clan and the Amentalist were dope when I was last there.

McMash were and have always been sick. Hope to see them again this year.
maximus

Post by maximus »

Last year Skream and Benga... Benga was fucked

Year before, Skream and Benga... Skream was fucked

This year..... Both fucked or neither fucked??
sciortino

Post by sciortino »

Magnetic man are playing this year, not confirmed by Bloc but benga said himself at a recent gig in bristol.

I would say though that at all the Bloc's in the past year, they have evened out the genres nicely and there has never been too much of one particular.

So stop ya hating :assshaking:
Burnibus

Post by Burnibus »

sciortino wrote:Magnetic man are playing this year, not confirmed by Bloc but benga said himself at a recent gig in bristol.

I would say though that at all the Bloc's in the past year, they have evened out the genres nicely and there has never been too much of one particular.

So stop ya hating :assshaking:

Magnetic man? chavvy ravestep for kids, awesome.

Its true though, for every dupstep thing, there is plenty of very good other music on. Last year was just right as at all points duing the festival there was constantly some very hard music on somewhere. which is nice