Glade 2007 announced!

Event dates, reviews and discussions.

Moderators: DannyBee, tom p, Kenny

james
Site Admin

Glade 2007 announced!

Post by james »

Hello and welcome to our first newsletter about the Glade Festival 2007!

We are going ahead this year and the date is the weekend of the 20th-22nd July… We are in the process of applying for the license, as we always are at this time, and the new website will soon be up and running.

We have had a good look at the festival and have added 3 new stages, as well as some amazing new ideas to increase the creative diversity of what we do – its gonna be wicked. The lineups are already shaping up to be nothing but the best in electronic music and we will start releasing more details over the next few weeks and months.

Some details that you may like to know now include the fact that we have been thinking hard on two issues that needed attention after last year, those being sound levels on some of the stages and also security.

We have been talking to some of the leading sound system designers in the UK and have come up with a strategy to deliver clear sound across the site while at the same time dramatically reducing the sound footprint of the event in the local area - we will be putting the latest Funktion 1 'Ambisonic' surround sound systems into all the late night venues. This will mean that the quality of the sound IN the arenas will be level, clear and loud. However the technology has an amazing noise cancelling ability that will mean that the local community will get disturbed far less than they have in the past.

Also, we are again placing an enormous amount of attention on how we run the security at the event and have a new plan that will ensure the safety of everyone at the event and outside but with a special emphasis on making sure the security inside the arena are firm but also friendly.

Tickets will be going on sale soon… and as always will only initially be available through a link that will be sent from us in an email, so if you know people who are keen to come then please get them to subscribe to our mailing list at our website.

Otherwise that's all for now, but we hope you're all very well and we are very excited about starting the build up to our festival once more.

Thanks and all the best from us all at Glade HQ.

PS and this is IMPORTANT... If you make sure that this email address is saved in your address book or that you've marked it as not being dodgy then future emails will not get caught in your filter!
MikeTheBarber
Graf Kingpin

Post by MikeTheBarber »

Sweeeeeet.....

Should make good birthday celebrations (im on the 24th)

Now just got to try and get enough money and buy a ticket before the sell out.....

Lets hope they actually get some good security instead a bunch of nazi beefheads
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

New Glade festival website online - www.gladefestival.com

I'm all excited for it after a killerBLOC.
DannyBee

Post by DannyBee »

http://www.gladefestival.com/stages/

Mmmm there is a techno tent and the main stage is deffinately outdoors. I CANNOT wait!
'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around
mute

Post by mute »

DannyBee

Post by DannyBee »

You can add DJ Assault and Snares to deffinate list too! Trust
renzelkouten

Post by renzelkouten »

on sale nowwweeee
gabba, fighting flabba with kebaba

all fi whi i pi???
DannyBee

Post by DannyBee »

Do I buy a ticket noweeeee?

Anyone got one yet?
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Not grabbing mine just yet, will do soon though. Confirmed line-up should also be released today.
DannyBee

Post by DannyBee »

Tomorrow I heard...

Well the email says Thursday 18th April. That is er.. confusing as it is Wednesday 18th of april.

Ali

Post by Ali »

YEaaaaa rrrrooooooooooooyyyyy!

im there
mute

Post by mute »

Snares is confirmed. Good good! :D
DannyBee

Post by DannyBee »

Organiser of Glade has posted this!

http://www.nuskoolbreaks.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=72307

Just got my ticket ref # is 8505

Each number could have up to 4 tickets on it and as organiser said it would be sold out by yesterday I imagine it will be soon....

Go get em chaps!
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Wah - I don't have enough dosh at the moment, so please oh please don't sell out too fast Glade.
ahrkboob

Post by ahrkboob »

no no no. cant afford mine for at least another week.
you will fry!