booze & decks

General chat about the BLOC Weekend.

Moderators: BLOCwknd, Mack G

monkeykezza

booze & decks

Post by monkeykezza »

Easy, you guys, we want 2 know what the policy is on bringing our own alcohol into the festival and also whether people are aloud to bring their own sound systems including decks and what the maximum kilo wattage would be?????

Safe - loz & denny
ahrkboob

Post by ahrkboob »

at the dedbeats which were at the same venue, you could take your own booze, but you were not allowed to take it into the arenas. i dont know about sound systems.
you will fry!
BLOCwknd

Post by BLOCwknd »

yo geeza

by all means bring your own booze. More than welcome.

Sound systems, on the other hand, are a DEFINITE NO. if anyone brings a rig and sets it up, then the environmental health office will come to bloc and shut us down. We've had special meetings about it with the authorities - they won't give us a warning!

the arenas are soundproofed - nowhere else is!

PLEASE DO NOT BRING ANY PA EQUIPMENT !
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

I've moved this topic into the BLOC Weekend general discussion as it is very important every knows that bringing any sort of sound system will cause real problems for BLOC and ruin all the fun.
ArthurFox

Post by ArthurFox »

Hmmmm, what about bringing a laptop and some small PC speakers? would that still be a definite no no no?
BLOCwknd

Post by BLOCwknd »

basically mate, if you can plug it in and it makes a noise, we're going to throw it in a volcano.

all speakers of all sizes, shapes and distinctions are a definite no! We're running the risk of BLOC being shut down halfway through. So we have to be militant.

thanks dudes!

bloc
Moer

Post by Moer »

I've read it in the letter I received. But are normal tourists or whatever also not allowed to bring something to play CD's or whatever ..?
I believe in everything until it's disproved. It all exists, even if it's in your mind - John Lennon
saaam

Post by saaam »

Um, people, no means no doesn't it?

:roll:
Luzian

Post by Luzian »

with 3 arenas packed with heavy lineup, one of them open around the clock, and all the other entertainment we get for free, i seriously don't think i need to bring my own decks, ghetto-blaster, cd player, minidisc, ipod, laptop, dvd, gameboy, wii, subether microwave receiver or whatever. i can play with all of them when i get back home.

take it easy

8)
keep it ninja