November 12th...

Event dates, reviews and discussions.

Moderators: DannyBee, tom p, Kenny

Do you really think i look cute in this hat?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 18, 2003 11:47 pm

yes
100%
no
No votes
Poland!
No votes

Total votes: 1

Dom

November 12th...

Post by Dom »

I know it's quite a way off, but Bogdan, Astrobotnia and warm ups by Rephlex DJ's...it's gonna be a very, very good night at Kafe Da and all for only £5.
Super bo i say
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Damn, that's nice man. Mucho looking forward to that - who is putting it all together?
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Slow Magazine <-- Their website.
Dom

Post by Dom »

indeedÉn!
The same chaps that have brought us Kid 606, Chris Clark and Knifehandchop...bless'em.
-Dom
matthew slow

the slow

Post by matthew slow »

ola!

thanks for your kind words about our previous and forthcoming events. yes, we are the SLOW family and we're hereto bring you the sound of now!

hope to see you all next week for the Rephlex extravaganza. it's a shame you kids missed out on FELIX KUBIN the other week, he rocked the spot with three keyboards and some dodgy art films, but the general public stayed at home and if this promoting thing was a business we'd be going out of it..

you can also join us at the Playhouse on 18th November, when we'll be sitting back to enjoy everyone's favourite psycho-grungers THE MELVINS, who will be scoring some dodgy art films. this isn't one of ours but you really shouldn't miss out!

and finally... we have confirmed SCHNEIDER TM and CHRIST for our Christmas show (!) at Kafe Da on 16th December, so comew on down with a fiver and a tray of mince pies!

That is all.

matthew
www.slowmagazine.com
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Welcome Matthew, good to have ya here.

Sorry to hear that people were being apathetic on the night of your gig. I did see it advertised, but had been hit with the flu/fever thing. I'll be sure to check out the Schneider Tm and Christ in December, sounds like good stuff. Do any of you guys produce at all?
matthew slow

Post by matthew slow »

ola!

the two of us that are Slow are too concerned with trying to put on shows and write that long-overdue next issue of the mag to get round to production - DJing is so much more instant and fun.

that said, we do have intentions to make soundy things, but it's not really a priority, there's no science on my laptop just yet.

I'm more excited about the Melvins show than our own Rephlex night, isn't that weird? I guess it's because it's 'business'.

se you there! come and say hello..

matthew
www.slowmagazine.com
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

matthew slow wrote: that said, we do have intentions to make soundy things, but it's not really a priority, there's no science on my laptop just yet.
Well keep us informed as our sampler cd is currently in production and will be featuring tracks from people in and around this area.
matthew slow wrote: I'm more excited about the Melvins show than our own Rephlex night, isn't that weird? I guess it's because it's 'business'.
Hehe, well there are quite a lot of things to do in prep of a night of musica so I guess it's a nice change to switch off and just attend a night for once. Rephlex should be a good 'un, hope it all goes smoothly.
matthew slow wrote:se you there! come and say hello...
Roger that. Take it easy!
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Matthew,
Should we need to get tickets in advance, were do we get them from?
matthew slow

Post by matthew slow »

that's a good question, but one that's never really been applicable to our shows before due to our policy of booking hugely unpopular artistes, so...

NO ADVANCE TICKETS

but if we can manage it there will be somebody around at Kafe Da (one of us Slows, not the bar staff etc) to take money and stamp hands early, but no promises - just turn up soon as you can and join the ROADBLOCK!!!

matthew (slow)
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

Okay smooth, we will be there a lil bit early in that case to ensure that we get in. [What time do things kick off?] Wouldn't want to miss out - are you expecting a full house?

I am right in saying also that you grabbed the downstairs room?
matthew slow

Post by matthew slow »

yes we are downstairs this time, boomin in the blackness.

well the door to the cellar opens at 8pm sharp (or later if our usual standards are anything to go by), but we may well be able to take yr money at the top of the stairs a bit earlier - depends on the unknown, so shake a fiver at me soon as you can..

it's like when going to gigs was exciting again, no?

mi

p.s. MELVINS next week!!!!
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

hehe right, dizzy with excitement.
I'll be shaking my cashola at you later. Hope everything runs smoothly!
matthew slow

how was it for you?

Post by matthew slow »

morning ravers!

well our show last night was a success and no mistake (apart from getting stiffed by the tour agents on the "mystery DJ" thing, for which we can only apologise). let us know what you thought of it either here, or by emailing us at our website > www.slowmagazine.com <

thanks to all of you that came down and managed to get in - it was our first ever sell-out show, and we're all thoroughly proud of ourselves.

don't forget SCHNEIDER TM + CHRIST at Kafe Da on Dec 16th

(and the MELVINS at the Playhouse on tuesday!)

be lucky

matthew (slow)
james
Site Admin

Post by james »

I really enjoyed last night. I thought it had a real good atmosphere there, the room pretty much perfectly sized for the crowd and I still had enough space to dance; all important. hehe.

Beats were real nice and I don't think anybodys nights were dampened by the lack of the 'mystery dj' - great job and look forward to the next night.

(Thanks for the free cd.)