WHAT THE HELL IS BANGFACE?

General chat about the BLOC Weekend.

Moderators: BLOCwknd, Mack G

merangue

WHAT THE HELL IS BANGFACE?

Post by merangue »

A mate ive not seen for a while just asked me if i wanted to go to Bangface in April, trouble is I dunno much about it, Ive heard its like BloC.....but then I dont think thats the case at all!

Would love to hear anyones views.

P.S. I have a feeling its complete toilet, The line up looks great cant argue with that but whats the crowd gonna be like?

Cheers
ahrkboob

Post by ahrkboob »

If its anything like the nights in london they do, the crowd will largely be aged 14, and dress in a nathan barley type fashion.
excellent line up though. i'd go if i could afford it.
you will fry!
MikeTheBarber
Graf Kingpin

Post by MikeTheBarber »

The nights in London they do are good but they have got a bit too much for me nowadays, and its all a bit too over the top. Used to be much better but now its a load of people trying to be as "crazy" as possible, to the point where people are dancing like its some sort of New York hardcore gig. Like ahrkboob mentioned - it could be described as 'the rise of the idiots'.

If this is 3 days of how their London nights now are then I think it will be hell on earth.....about 7 hours at their night is all i can take. But it will probablly attract a new crowd, many more poeple from around the country......The night Bangface holds at Glade in the overkill is much better, probably because of that reason.

I recon it will still be good though.....Its a great line up (even I've seen most of it at their previous nights).....It all depends what you like, the crowd will be much more havin it/mental than BLOC where its a bit more chilled.
septimus

Post by septimus »

you can probably expect more breakcore/amens/novelty music but less techno, bass and electro

not my cup of tea.. but each to their own.

it is more popular among the dressup facepaint nurave cru

imagine an episode of 'skins' where the main characters go to a 'rave' and you're there
Ionkontrol

Post by Ionkontrol »

moroncore
jarman808

Post by jarman808 »

bangface is a wicked night. i take your point about the crazee kidz aspect, but they get cracking artists and have a good party. think bloc but with added breakcore.
beer

Post by beer »

i'm going to bangface.
true what they say bout the london nights. gone a bit too ravey davey, but was well wicked when it was at traffic. bout 100 people in a tiny basement listening to top acid from the likes of universal indicator.

it now about 500 -700 people going mad... its got a bit to ravey now mind, but i still go sometimes... it like a youth club disco with hardcore.
but good partys and a good vibe..all depends on who's playing there..
heard some great ACID sets there

the bloke who runs it "james" has told me that one room is gonna be like bangface (ravey hardcore shite)
the other room though (model 500 room) is more on the electro/acid tip, more up to date sounds... I.E dopplereffect etc. (not that doppler are new)
camber sands is quite a nice area as well. not as inbread as yarmouth...
went to KAOS there in 1991.
showing my age now.

and dont forget "chaz and dave"

www.bangface.com
SUBCITIZEN

Post by SUBCITIZEN »

went there, and indeed the line up was great, the place was another pontins etc, so lots of similarities to bloc, but very much on the breakcore and mangled acid tip, which i do love. But i've NEVER been a raver, so the OTT element of raving stereotypes and uniforms was a bit much from the off. Its all fun for folks to dressup, but it seemed almost compulsory. i agree with the barley references, would be nice to think people where being intelligent about their raving, but hmmmm. Seemed to detract from the intricacy of the breakcore, whilst peoples brains came out of their ears.

still worthwhile fun, but definitely be awareof the stark difference between the two.
bangface i could take or leave, but i would return if it was less 'compulsory rave cliches'.
bloc, i'm already gasping for next years, bring it on you fuckers !!! :P:P:P
www.resistor-records.net
top class electronic vinyl

www.myspace.com/resistorrecords
come and say hello, get news and info
Pinstickers

Post by Pinstickers »

Bangface is great fun and does a good job of replicating the raves of ye oldie days ago. Its fun, mental and seriously high nrg. Not sure that I remember seeing loads of 14 year old there though but defo young topless lads moshing like lunatics to the like of limewax, kid 606 and shitmatt. Its wicked if you get there quite early too as the night tends to be rammed and its quite hard to get to the top room where the action happens mostly and the night also goes through some serious genre hopping and its winds u up nicely. You should go it is something everone should experience :)
urkel

Post by urkel »

i've been to both BLOC & Bangface weekenders & while Bangface does have at times an OTT element to it, it is also about having fun and not stroking your chin to thought provoking beats & rhythyms, both BLOC & Bangface are easily 2 of the best organised, most interesting festivals to go to.. A lot of people I met at Bangface weekender had been at the BLOC equivalent so I dont think you can say it's all nu-raver teeny boppers & whatnot...
Thumbthumb

Post by Thumbthumb »

Hey, I'm new there and was wondering 'what the hell is BLOC?'. I've just discovered it and the line up of this year : it's really great.
I'm from France and went to Bangface WE last year. Haven't seen any teens down there but an awesome ambiance and crazy spirit. Something I regret at least once a week since (every weekend actually).

Sorry to twist the subject a bit, but how's Bloc compare to Bangface for those who experienced both? Seems like it's more serious and less excentric... Like a Sonar? Nodding heads or dancing people?
bananabrain

Post by bananabrain »

KJ Sawka at bangface will be well worth checking out. take a look ath clips of him and his drumming on youtube.

roll on BLOC :P
Kennyeph

Post by Kennyeph »

Thumbthumb wrote: Nodding heads or dancing people?
Dancing people!

I've never been to a bangface night, but it always looks like it's trying too hard to be "mad"
Thumbthumb

Post by Thumbthumb »

Kennyeph wrote:
Thumbthumb wrote: Nodding heads or dancing people?
Dancing people!

I've never been to a bangface night, but it always looks like it's trying too hard to be "mad"
Great! Thanks for your answer. This and Aphex being added up to an already awesome line up really motivate me to cross the Channel and come there.
jonny68

Post by jonny68 »

Bangface ive been reliable informed is brilliant and ill be looking to hopefully go to that as well.