ICE-T

Event dates, reviews and discussions.

Moderators: DannyBee, tom p, Kenny

james
Site Admin

ICE-T

Post by james »

ICE-T is coming to Norwich on the 13th August.
There is also another date on the 14th in Cambridge with full live streaming sound from 290radio
ICE-T - 13-08-03
Venue: Waterfront
Time: 19:30 Price: £14.00 (N/A NUS)

One of the original gangsters with 11 albums, a grammy, numerous lecture tours, a book, four Hollywood movies and two TV series ICE-T has become the face of LA Hip Hop.

Finally after 10 years he is returning to Norwich with his European SMG Tour. Working with Smoothe tha Hustler, Trigger, Sean e Sean, Evil E, Coco and Duce; Ice has put together 15 new hardcore street wise raps to take Europe by storm, don't believe us check out www.ICET.com
Tramp with a Turntable

Post by Tramp with a Turntable »

Nice one...
Ice T's coming to Norwich!!!

joking...I know it was a while ago

:lol:
Will Dj for food
Hénrí
Resident Dee-e-Jay

Post by Hénrí »

I saw him last year when he came to Norwich, it was a pretty good show. Lots of old skool tracks and the dj was scratching with his trainers on his hands "its all about the adidas high tops"!
lew
Graf Kingpin

Post by lew »

mines an iced latte, with low fat icelandic cows milk. . . . . . . . . . . . :monkey:
bensonbenson

Post by bensonbenson »

Norwich actually has more of a link with gangster rap than most people realise. Dr Dre is originally from Sprowston, and NWA was originally 'From Norwich, With Attitude'.

Of course, this made made for the not so snappy acronym 'FN,WA'. Dre, being a well known stickler for accuracy in punctuation, couldn't abide the absence of the comma and claimed the group's name would be 'rendered almost entirely grammatically incoherent by the exclusion of the comma'. The record label bosses eventually forced the change to the more media friendly 'Niggaz With Attitude'.

Despite being pacified at the time, Dre would later in his career revisit themes of improper use of punctuation through his lyrics to massive Dre hit 'Improper Fucking Pronoun'.

Dre was also keen to emphasise his East Anglian Heritage, and was at pains to be seen to be giving something back to the tough streets of Norwich suburbia that had forged him. In one high profile charitable act, which some cynics noted could easily have been conceived as a publicity stunt to coincide with, and raise the profile of the first release of his protege Eminem (himself a Peterborough man) Dre bought a big blue bus that everyone in Sprowston could ride to the shops so that they could buy their biccies.
Kenny
Site Admin

Post by Kenny »

Your posts never fail to make me laugh "Benson". That story has all my favorite things in, grammatical errors, gangsta rap, and East Anglia (reprAZENT!") .

Here's a picture of a monkey with a gun for your efforts:
Hénrí
Resident Dee-e-Jay

Post by Hénrí »

Lol
Tramp with a Turntable

That is officially the coolest picture I have ever seen!
Will Dj for food
MikeTheBarber
Graf Kingpin

Post by MikeTheBarber »

I know who you are now!
Tramp with a Turntable

Damn...my identity has been revealled!
This was actually me going out for a posh meal...
hence the super-swish clothing.
(at least my date wasn't subject to your tramp cam...
or maybe she was?)

Will Dj for food
willy the piss

Post by willy the piss »

that guy looks like el-p... keepin it real despite running a big hip hop label, i like his/your/it's/their style
maybe the sunken ship is the treasure
matthew slow

Post by matthew slow »

I saw Ice T and Bodycount at the lads club one xmas eve back in the, er, day.

Am I the oldest one here? I remember when it was all old skoolzzzzz
Jonny Megabyte

Post by Jonny Megabyte »

Hey! I was at that Lad's Club gig (I believe Carcass supported, or were going to and didn't turn up- can't remember!)

I remember it being a real shock that Ice T was in Norwich at Christmas Eve...one of the best gig's I've ever been to.

My mate is real old school: he saw him at The Talk in 84'!
matthew slow

Post by matthew slow »

I think it was Carcass, but I can't remember either. I did see BoltThrower at the Jacquard though - any bidders for an autographed Grindcrusher LP anybody?

Anybody??

(mum wouldn't let me go to BDP at the Arts Centre though, even if she did buy me By Any Means Necessary for xmas)
setwin

Post by setwin »

does anyone remember this. i used to love it when i was at school.

saw Ice T in cambridge couple years ago and my mate had a go at me because it was sold out when we got there because i had a ticket and he didn't.
coming straight outta cambridge http://www.charliedontsurf.info