Re: Buckfast meetup

Post by fenton »

Buckfest 2010 @ Bloc?

See you by the Zipline.
3pm by the zipline.

alritelad

Post by alritelad »

where's the zipline? also, i've never seen bucky in london. any ideas? some was transported from ireland last year but if i could just bring it from london that would be delightful.
Warpiggy

Post by Warpiggy »

we managed to find 3 bottles in tooting on our way to glastonbury last year...it was the only bottles the guy had and he thought we were absolute winos buyin more than 1 bottle...some people just don't get it!
Das k k k took mein baby away
meschi

Post by meschi »

Mile End
come out the station and turn left, walk past the bookies and the first newsagent on the left hand side sells it.

Aldgate
come out the station and find commercial road. Keep walking up for a bout 300 yards and there will be two 24hr off licences on your left. Both sell it. If both are sold out, the shop across the road with the yellow 'cobra beer' sign sells it.

Whitechapel
come out the station and turn left, keep walking past the blind beggar and across the road. walk past nandos on your left hand side then cross to the other side of the road at the next set of lights. on your right hand side is a bunch of newsagents. Three of them sell it

Bethnal Green
come out the station and walk north up cambridge heath road. after a BP garage on your left hand side is a pub called the Dundee Arms. Only pub I know of in London that sells it by the bottle or by the glass.

Bexleyheath
going to london side, come out the station and turn right, from london turn left. Go to the top of the road and turn right. Keep walking for 100 yards and on your right is an off licence that sells it.

Brixton
Come out the station and turn right, take your first right again walk for about 200 yards and take another right and theres a wee off licence that sells it there. reasonably cheap as well.

Theres a few more up Victoria park way and stoke newington is full of it, I can give directions to them if need be...

your best bet is always little all night newsagents.
Warpiggy

Post by Warpiggy »

meschi you are my new hero
meschi

Post by meschi »

haha, Ive been trawling east london for nigh on 3 years now... I always find some if I look hard enough.
Warpiggy

Post by Warpiggy »

yeah i hear ya, we weren't leavin london last year without some...it's always findable if u put your mind to it. how about minehead, u find any there last year?
Catcore

Post by Catcore »

wheres the zipline? didnt find it last year
Warpiggy

Post by Warpiggy »

is there a zipline in the new place? i know there was one in the old place that wasn't opened
meschi

Post by meschi »

Warpiggy wrote:yeah i hear ya, we weren't leavin london last year without some...it's always findable if u put your mind to it. how about minehead, u find any there last year?
naw, I didnt venture into minehead apart from the big supermarket. But I would put serious money on it that you would find a bottle. Minehead isn't that far from buckfast abbey.
Warpiggy

Post by Warpiggy »

it'll have to be found somewhere...all butlins sells is that Sanatogen shite, and there aint no way i'm drinkin that again
meschi

Post by meschi »

fuckin right man! not only is it shit, but I ruined about 6 mugs one night cause its impossible to sort the stains out!!!
dj_yt

Post by dj_yt »

Isn't it about time Bloc was officially sponsored by BUCKFAST?

I mean, Ableton demos are great, but laptop skills won't make the females flock to you in the same manner as the ability to knock back 2 litres of the virgin mary's wee.

Warpiggy

Post by Warpiggy »

haha our sanatogen didn't even make it as far as mugs...you know when a drink is well and truely bad when sesh heads would rather go to bed rather than drink it. i think there was about 3 or 4 untouched bottles sittin on the kitchen table long after everythin else was finished. horrible stuff
alritelad

Post by alritelad »

nice one meschi! i'm south east, but do tend to venture north of the river quite a bit. i know all the areas you're talking about well. i'll be stocking up next wednesday i hope!