Lineup so far for 2011

General chat about the BLOC Weekend.

Moderators: BLOCwknd, Mack G

DannyBee

Re: Lineup so far for 2011

Post by DannyBee »

Ben Klock, Ramadanman, Apparat, Modeselektor, Siriusmo, Ben Klock, Ikonika, Jamie XX, Rustie SBTRKT, Kyle Hall, Boxcutter, Luke Abbott, Ancient Methods,Silent Servant, Iration Steppaz, Redlight, Top Cat, The Advent, Oscar Mulero, Dj Funk, A Guy Called Gerrald playing pure Acid

Holy Shit! This is it. The final nail in my bank account coffin. I am sold.

If I wasn't already convinced that Bloc was going to be bringing back the underground awesomeness this has truely done it. Seems like a weekend of epic proportion.

Arghhh pretty excited now :)
:dude: :assshaking: :band: :assshaking: :dude:
'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around
BLOCwknd

Post by BLOCwknd »

Aphex Twin / Magnetic Man

LFO / Moderat / Four Tet / Vitalic / Speedy J / Dopplereffekt / Black Devil Disco Club / The Advent / Oscar Mulero / Billy Nasty

Union: Magnetic Man / Beardyman / Claude Von Stroke / Toddla T / Drop the Lime

Modeselektion: Ben Klock / Modeselektor / Apparat / Ramadanman / Ikonika / Siriusmo

Subloaded: Joy Orbison / Shackleton / Mala / Loefah / Pinch / Gemmy / Guido / DJ Pete / Untold

Overkill: Venetian Snares / DJ Funk / King Midas Sound / Daedelus / Alva Noto / Jimmy Edgar

Mulletover: Visionquest feat. Seth Troxler, Lee Curtiss and Shaun Reeves / dOP / Geddes

Numbers: Jamie XX / Rustie / SBTRKT

Mary Anne Hobbs Presents: L-Vis 1990 / Addison Groove / Roska / Al Tourettes / Mary Anne Hobbs

ResidentAdvisor: Soul Clap / Floating Points / Will Saul / Space Dimension Controller

Outlook: Gentlemen's Dub Club / Iration Steppas / Redlight / Top Cat / Kenny Ken / Exodus

Bleep.com: Very Special Guest TBA / Kyle Hall / Luke Abbot / Boxcutter

Plex: Ancient Methods / Silent Servant / Datassette / TVO / Jamez / Plex DJs

I Love Acid: A Guy Called Gerald [Pre ’88 Acid House Set] / Global Goon / Mark II [Altern-8] / B12 / Posthuman / AGT Rave Cru / Placid

Bodyhammer: Legowelt / Orgue Electronique / TLR / Emptyset / Joe Hart

Many more TBA!
sheetone

Post by sheetone »

For me this is the worst year of all the Bloc that have been held.
Where are the true identity? I find nothing represented idm, or electro, and rave, or disk or anything of "experimentation." There are no artists as Ulrich Schnauss and Bogdan Raczinsky. Actions that could be seen almost only in the Bloc is not at all ...
Separate actions would never have imagined seeing them in a Bloc: Claude VonJoke, Magnetic Man (popstep), Vitalic, The Advent, the Mulletover is really pathetic ..
It is noted that becoming a normal and current festival, and it never happened.

I hope and I have confidence in the Bloc to end this part of Many More TBA, will be really interesting. Transient Force showcase. Rephlex DJs. CJ Bolland ...
Burnibus

Post by Burnibus »

What you talkin bout willis???

all due respect sheet one, you are talking nonsense.

lets look at this one step at a time eh:

IDM: first of all this is a ridiculous made up nonsense genre that doesnt describe the music at all, but if you wanted to talk about the music that is "intelligent" then take your pick: LFO, Apparat, Shackleton, venetian snares, etc.... oh and the person that all the fanboys hail with the creation of IDM AFX. But no theres none of that at bloc

electro: only some of the fathers of modern electro and true inspirations throughout the electro world dopplerefekt. But is seems that this isnt good enough for you so how about: Orgue Electronique , moderat, Jimmy edgar, global goon, Posthuman, datassette.

Rave: mmmmmm well not sure what you mean by rave, as its not 1989 anymore but with regards to that rave spirit again you have some of the people that were influential in the entire rave movement, notably AFX, and LFO. Oh yeah and a guy called gerald playing a pure late 80s rave set, and an act with rave in their title (AGT rave crew) oh and B12 who have been making "rave music" for 20 years, Altern8.

In fact i dont think you have really thought this one through too much have you Sheet one? so there is no Bogdan, well what about label mate global goon, or if your looking to drill and bass again snares. ulrich snauss played breaks with his back to the crowd in 2009, not something i was particularly into.

And why do you rip[ the advent. He played the first ever bloc and if you were there and listened to it you would have realised that he absolutely killed it and was incredibly good.

you say bloc wouldnt normally put larger acts on but last year had some odd choices as well like joris voorn and mixmaster mike and salt & pepper, but it all adds up to a great festival with lots of choice which is what makes it very special.
DannyBee

Post by DannyBee »

So looks like burnibus hit the nail on the fricken head. :)
'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around
curtdawg

Post by curtdawg »

Well said burnibus. This'll be my third BLOC and I'd go so far as to say it looks like the best yet.. top job team BLOC. Plex stage mmmmm :) Pretty much every stage has personal favorites..there will be some heartbreaking clashes. DJ Funk!! :dancing: :boobs: :dancing:
sheetone

Post by sheetone »

DM: I have not come to discuss whether the term "idm" is correct or not (braindance?) And excessive I have no knowledge of English and I can not explain properly, sorry, it's just to clarify. Shackleton is dubstep. dubstep patterns. Apparat can be good, but never put alongside the likes of LFO and AFX, even hurtful. Venetian Snares live SURE that no precedence in the idm;)
Come on, that there are "betting" safe, great sound Permanent Secretaries: LFO and AFX. but there are things more risky and difficult to see how wisp, for example (that LFO is difficult to see, and I'm just can not wait.)

electro: Moderat hurts to see written next to the word electro. THAT is not electro. Yes, orgue electronique is very good. I also expect good things from jimmy edgar. Global Goon and Posthuman are in the i love acid, and according to the latest releases of their live jonathan taylor will focus on the most acid. I'd like that would make some nod to his beginnings Rephlex mental, but I doubt it that way. and finally Dopplereffekt with one of my biggest idols, gerald donald, I love anything that has been made. But check that the direct (I hope not) is much more "experimental" than it looks, and throw farther from their electro experimentation. but I'm not complaining, I have a great desire to see them. This is it? This is all the electro that is in a BLOC? lol please ...

Rave: We've talked about LFO and AFX (anything safe and risky bets.) A Guy Called Gerald is devoted to the proto-acid, but I am referring to that scene that appeared two years: old school hardcore, jungle, breakbeat ... N-JOI or 4hero, for example. Of this there is nothing but AGT RAVE CRU and are not classics, but their live show is very good. Mark ll is bowling everywhere, so it's not hard to see ... and neither of joke is the same as Altern 8. B12 should go in the first box: IDM, but I do not know what the fuck is on I Love Acid if I do not think they have enough to make a direct acid, we'll see. I love B12 and your whole world, exaggerated, but we'll see how they are live and in these conditions ...
Is this all the rave that is in the Bloc? Are there so few have to appoint Richard D.james and LFO in two musical sections to justify?

THE ADVENT? THE ADVENT?! :shock: :shock: :? if you're naming him as a good thing today is you do not know who he really is Cisco ferreira. my god ... listen to what was ferreira and what is now

In addition there are many ridiculous actions in my view, a lot of action "European" of the moment. full-scale fashion. I love to see Ancient Methods, I have to say yes hahaha. The Bloc was the world's most special, and this lineup is still good but nothing special. I can draw stuff and thus the meantime I have 20 performances to see, but not what it was or anything like ...

so I have confidence in the latest confirmations and derrepente give the blow on the table. is just look at the posters from previous years (the last year and I began to feel the downturn in quality, to add more money for him) and understood everything perfectly ... "light years". before I saw the sign and felt like a crybaby and even carte jacking.

anyway I will most likely return this year because it is the Bloc and as I said I have things to do, but knowing that things are slowly changing, it is no longer what it was, and is being replaced (as throughout, although not yet bangface :twisted: ), a little money or "commercial" to the public for music.
jarman808

Post by jarman808 »

Man I cant beleive that post! dude you're over thinking it and getting it wrong to boot. :assshaking:
Listen to what Burnibus says, he speaketh the truth. OK so Magnetic Man and a few other acts may be a tad commercial but some people are into this stuff. Its all quality electronic music even if it doesn't float you're boat. Look at all the rest of the line up. A Guy Called Gerald playing Proto Acid pre 1988. you can't get much more purist and dedicated to the roots of electronic music than that! AFX, Global Goon, pioneers of the so called "IDM" scene as well as more current offerings from acts such as Alvo Noto and Luke Abbot. No Electro!! WTF is Legowelt, Dopplereffekt and Dattasette then? :bang:

all the same i hope you go and enjoy it. :beer:
soundcloud.com/agent808
sheetone

Post by sheetone »

Not to enter into a discussion styles like Hip Hop, disco (black devil disco club), and more styles. and we, impossible to see some ambient music and going slow in general, trip hop, downtempo ... I see now as impossible. is that just seeing the past makes you want to laugh (or mourn, sincerely).
sheetone

Post by sheetone »

jarman808 wrote:Man I cant beleive that post! dude you're over thinking it and getting it wrong to boot. :assshaking:
Listen to what Burnibus says, he speaketh the truth. OK so Magnetic Man and a few other acts may be a tad commercial but some people are into this stuff. Its all quality electronic music even if it doesn't float you're boat. Look at all the rest of the line up. A Guy Called Gerald playing Proto Acid pre 1988. you can't get much more purist and dedicated to the roots of electronic music than that! AFX, Global Goon, pioneers of the so called "IDM" scene as well as more current offerings from acts such as Alvo Noto and Luke Abbot. No Electro!! WTF is Legowelt, Dopplereffekt and Dattasette then? :bang:

That is the Bloc? I am NOT saying that is ridiculous, but it is nowhere near what it was. pussy, please see previous years, only 10 performances idm minimum you out amazing and risky. As with other styles that we are talking about. I did not say anything bad about Alva Noto, minimalism and noise indeed. GLOBAL GOON if you've heard lately is devoted mainly to acid (and is therefore in the i love acid). I am not criticizing the good things, and say I have 20 trips to see and I'm excited ... but if you want to tell you that I had had in 2007, 2008 or 2009 ...

Anyway maybe this wrong and this is a Bloc as before ( :? :shock: ), so I better leave the discussion ...
Last edited by sheetone on Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jarman808

Post by jarman808 »

sheetone wrote:
jarman808 wrote:Man I cant beleive that post! dude you're over thinking it and getting it wrong to boot. :assshaking:

That is the Bloc? I am not saying that is a garbage and shit, but it is nowhere near what it was. pussy, please see previous years, only 10 performances idm minimum you out amazing and risky. As with other styles that we are talking about. I did not say anything bad about Alva Noto, minimalism and noise indeed. GLOBAL GOON if you've heard lately is devoted mainly to acid (and is therefore in the i love acid). I am not criticizing the good things, and say I have 20 trips to see and I'm excited ... but if you want to tell you that I had had in 2007, 2008 or 2009 ...

Anyway maybe this wrong and this is a Bloc as before ( :? :shock: ), so I better leave the discussion ...

I think if you cant refrain from making personal insults you had better leave yes
soundcloud.com/agent808
sheetone

Post by sheetone »

Sorry, at no time sought to insult anyone and I do not think I have. I just like the music and wanted to give my opinion. Anyway, best to leave the discussion, I said nothing, period. :wink:
jarman808

Post by jarman808 »

sheetone wrote:Sorry, at no time sought to insult anyone and I do not think I have. I just like the music and wanted to give my opinion. Anyway, best to leave the discussion, I said nothing, period. :wink:
you referred to me as pussy!
soundcloud.com/agent808
sheetone

Post by sheetone »

Oh sorry. is that in Spain it's like, fuck. is not an insult, just an expression, sorry for the confusion. also thinks that I'm from Spain and which might require more (because more money is going to uk) for the poster ...
jarman808

Post by jarman808 »

no worries

have a good time if you go
soundcloud.com/agent808