Waterpark + Music suggestion

General chat about the BLOC Weekend.

Moderators: BLOCwknd, Mack G

sovatune

Waterpark + Music suggestion

Post by sovatune »

Just a suggestion - will there be any music in the water park, or will it just be a chillout spot for people to hang out and relax during the day?

I hosted a large party (600 people) in a swimming pool similar to this water park last year and since it was a great success, I was wondering if anybody might be performing, or at least taking care of the atmosphere in there! I wouldn't mind enjoying the jacuzzis with some smooth tunes on the background...
avarus

Re: Waterpark + Music suggestion

Post by avarus »

I do believe a certain rival holiday-camp-based dance music weekender managed to get a pool party going...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sITQ-nDq8eY

TIM
KERBEAR

Post by KERBEAR »

Have never made it into the park, but i believe they are fairly strict about letting people in their, recall peering in the windows and seeing only a few people in their last year, probably the only sober people in the place!!!
avarus

Post by avarus »

I don't recall them vetting people to get in there, other than to stop you bringing in drinks.

I went in on Saturday morning so everyone was looking frazzled rather than wasted. Plenty of folk in the pool and a fairly long queue for the slides but that just turned out to be a good way to meet people - well worth bringing your cossie I'd say!
ogriff

Post by ogriff »

Having gone in at least twice the last two fests, they aren't strict AT ALL about who goes in (see: man wading fully dressed into the wave pool in 2009...), but there's no music in there.

Generally when you peek in you can't see anyone as 90% of the people are queueing for the waterslides - the queues get quite ridiculous. I can strongly recommend getting your chalet from Thursday night and going down to the pool on Friday afternoon... no queues!
dj_yt

Post by dj_yt »

Personally, I want to see The Blackout Crew live in the swimming pool. Come on BLOC - make it happen!