room security...

General chat about the BLOC Weekend.

Moderators: BLOCwknd, Mack G

egyptiancotton

room security...

Post by egyptiancotton »

Have there been many room break-ins or thefts at previous events? Does anyone know if you can get standard travel insurance for butlins of the sort that you might take out on a city break? Our group was planning on taking a few things we would never consider taking to normal festivals (dslr, midi keyboard, laptop)... Cheers!
soche

Re: room security...

Post by soche »

As with any festival, the majority get by ok but I am sure there is a small bad element. Dont take what you cant afford to lose and just dont leave stuff on display.

Travel insurance works, you dont need to be abroad to use it, just make sure it has sufficient max price item limit, alternatively your home insurance often covers goods you take away from the home - again look out for the value of the items they will replace.
fergadeth

Post by fergadeth »

Arm yourself, to the teeth
Warpiggy

Post by Warpiggy »

i'm kind of intrigued by the midi keyboard tho...are ye's bringin a whole rig or plannin on wailin out the tunes on ipod speakers?

also...why do you need to bring a midi keyboard? it smacks of bringin a guitar to a rock festival (to me anyway!) at least ye's can't start a singalong on the grass...i think that's why the seagulls patrol so agressively round them parts :bang:
Das k k k took mein baby away
egyptiancotton

Post by egyptiancotton »

I agree that you shouldnt bring what you can't afford to lose, but its more a calculated risk when you're somewhere with lockable doors protecting your stuff rather than a tent zip.
I was more intrigued about the possibility of travel insurance as it is essentially a holiday and its reassuring to know that you're covered if non-sentimental items like a camera get nicked. rang around a few places but nowhere seemed interested in insuring.

I know what you mean about instruments at festivals too- I left glade on the sunday night a few years back as I couldnt stand another night of psy-trance gap yah students and their fucking drum circle 10 yards from the tent :x seemed like a fun idea to have a lunchtime creative session in the chalet tho...

anyway, BLOC tomorrow! aaagh :D