Bloc first timer, who do you recommend I go see?

General chat about the BLOC Weekend.

Moderators: BLOCwknd, Mack G

StarStuff

Bloc first timer, who do you recommend I go see?

Post by StarStuff »

Headin over with 8 Bloc newbs from Dublin. Im big into my electronic music but if im honest im not familiar with 90% of the lineup. Im looking forward to seeing Magnetic man, Beardyman, Daedelus, Vitalic, Billy Nasty and Laurant Garnier but im at a loss on who else to see.. The gang im going with are in the same boat except wouldnt even know half the people I just mentioned. Given the people who I like that are mentioned above who else would people recommend for us to go see..?
fergadeth

Re: Bloc first timer, who do you recommend I go see?

Post by fergadeth »

afx + luke vibert for starters

anceint methods, dj pete, SDC, boxcutter, venetian snares (you will love or hate him)

i could go on all day but i wont, just get stuck in mate
Kinder

Post by Kinder »

Would defo recommend Radioactive Man and Modeselektor, also looking forward to LFO (first time I'll see them.)

Oh and if you're into your dub from Leeds, check out Irration Steppas!
"Dope on the table?" - Daniels
JOnny

Post by JOnny »

a priest
jondavey

Post by jondavey »

From my limited experience (I went in 08) you won't get to see everyone you want to. Best laid plans etc.. but you will be blown away by an act/DJ who you have never seen play before and might not be aquanted with. Cosmic Fource were the highlight of my whole weekend that year, they play acidic electro, and I'd never heard of them before and am not really all that into electro!
Expect the unexpected is what I'm saying I guess.
avarus

Post by avarus »

jondavey wrote:From my limited experience (I went in 08) you won't get to see everyone you want to. Best laid plans etc.. but you will be blown away by an act/DJ who you have never seen play before and might not be aquanted with. Cosmic Fource were the highlight of my whole weekend that year, they play acidic electro, and I'd never heard of them before and am not really all that into electro!
Expect the unexpected is what I'm saying I guess.
Amen to that! Most of the time you can dip in and out and just find something you like.

Also, my recollection is that Saturday night is when it really kicks off, and the party goes on way past dawn, so don't piss on your chips and end up comatose by 11pm after spending all day boozing.